Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wild About Harry




Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), in assessing the candidacy of Barack Obama, reportedly said: a 'light-skinned' African American 'with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one." Of course, when a public figure says exactly what he feels and then discovers it is stupid, what follows is the proverbial, lame-ass apology:
"I deeply regret using such a poor choice of words. I sincerely apologize for offending any and all Americans, especially African Americans for my improper comments.

"I was a proud and enthusiastic supporter of Barack Obama during the campaign and have worked as hard as I can to advance President Obama's legislative agenda.

"Moreover, throughout my career, from efforts to integrate the Las Vegas strip and the gaming industry to opposing radical judges and promoting diversity in the Senate, I have worked hard to advance issues important to the African American community."

No comments:

About Me

Alexandria, VA, United States
'To see what is in front of one's nose requires a constant struggle." - George Orwell