Monday, October 12, 2009

In Praise of Mathias Kiwanuka


Kudos to New York Giants defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka for speaking out against the notion of playing for Rush Limbaugh, who is part of group trying to purchase the St. Louis Rams of the National Football League.

"All I know is from the last comment I heard, he said in (President) Obama's America, white kids are getting beat up on the bus while black kids are chanting 'right on. I mean, I don't want anything to do with a team that he has any part of. He can do whatever he wants, it is a free country. But if it goes through, I can tell you where I am not going to play."

"I am not going to draw a conclusion from a person off of one comment, but when it is time after time after time and there's a consistent pattern of disrespect and just a complete misunderstanding of an entire culture that I am a part of, I can't respect him as a man."



No comments:

About Me

Alexandria, VA, United States
'To see what is in front of one's nose requires a constant struggle." - George Orwell