Monday, June 24, 2013

The Big Apologist

It was only a matter of time before a black person would assume the dubious distinction of functioning as an apologist for Paula Deen's penchant for the n-word and fondness for bygone days in which black men dutifully dressed up in crisp white jackets and bow ties and served white folks. Aaron McCargo, Jr., the self-described Big Daddy on the Food Network, has come to Deen's aid:
Hey everyone. I wanted to say a few words about Paula Deen. Paula has always been very helpful and supportive throughout my career, and as her friend I'm saddened to see that she is going through a tough time right now.We are all human and we should never be quick to judge anyone. As my fans, I'm asking that you give her the benefit of the doubt as she goes through this difficult patch. Paula is in my thoughts and prayers. Much love – AMJ.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Mr Taylor,
My name is Roger Lamb, I live in Rising Sun, Maryland. I found your interesting and informative blog after reading a letter to the editor published in a Delaware County paper dated from 2011. I could not find any other way to reach you other than to post here. In my research, I found surprising parallels to what was written about Yeadon Boro and recent events in my town of Rising Sun. I can be reached at roger_lamb@yahoo. It's probably not my place to ask you or anyone else about the Yeadon situation but I'd certainly understand if you don't bother to reply. Thank you in advance for any consideration in this matter. With kind regards, Roger Lamb

About Me

Alexandria, VA, United States
'To see what is in front of one's nose requires a constant struggle." - George Orwell